Saturday, October 8, 2011

BSU T-Shirt Dress


When I married this:

I didn't know that I was marrying this.

I think the fact that my husband never wore a hat that wasn't blue or orange or the fact that the first time I saw my future father-in-law in something other than a BSU shirt was the night of our rehearsal dinner, should have given me some sort of clue.

I admit to being a fan of BSU -- I even owned season tickets to BSU Football the first year after I graduated (several years before I met my husband). It is my alma matter, after all.  But I'm not sure I was prepared to bleed blue and orange

We registered for orange stone wear dishes, and while I loved them, I couldn't decorate with blue, for fear that people would think that I intentionally had a Bronco dining room.

Having fanatics as in-laws has some benefits -- I have never had to purchase game day garb for myself or my children, as a Bronco logo seems to be required on all gifts recieved.  (All joking aside, my inlaws are fantastic.)


So Ladybug has plenty of game day hand-me downs, but I worried that people would mistake her for a boy.  (Though her grandmother did buy her a cheerleader outfit it is too big, so it gives me some time to decide how I feel about that.)  I needed to girl up some of the hand-me downs.  So I up-cycled a t-shirt into a t-shirt dress for her.


The t-shirt is size 12M, but its really small.  I cut off about three inches of the bottom.  (I originally was only going to cut off 2 inches, and I should have stuck with that.  Oh well.)  Then, I took some old jeans and cut some 4 inch strips.  I didn't have as much jean material as I wanted.  (I had already used the other leg on a different skirt.) So I was only able to get one pleat on the front, and one on the back.  I would have liked the skirt to be more ruffly.  It turned out okay, but I'm not thrilled with it.  Of course, Ladybug looks adorable in it. 



Check out Ashley's tutorial for the headband.

No comments: