Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Eat Your Veggies!

I added water, and I'm still doing pretty good with that.

I added exercise, and I've done really well with that -- I've only missed one day completely in the last few weeks and I felt so guilty about it, I'm sure it won't happen again.

I added fruit, and as long as I have it in the house, I eat it. My husband went on a banana kick, and we ran out of fruit before I made it back to the store.

I started recording what I eat, and that's gone okay. Nobody is looking at it but me, so I don't feel like I have much accountability.

My next change is going to be adding veggies. Like fruit, just one serving. I think this one is going to be hard for me. I don't really know many veggies to eat. I can't convince my husband that corn isn't a vegetable, and he is in charge of dinner right now. Carrots and broccoli just get boring. If you have some good ideas about how I can add more veggies to my diet, please share them. Otherwise, my fingers will be stained with the orange of baby carrots.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We eat a lot of veggies. My kids actually prefer fruits and veggies to meat or junk food. I make them several different ways. Boiled or steamed are obvious. I make a pasta veggie salad using broccoli, cauliflower, sliced carrots, tomato, and asparagus with Feta cheese and Italian seasoning. It's even easier if you boil the veggies with the pasta. Rice with peas covered in a cheese sauce is one of our favorites. You could also put them in quiche. I hope this gives you some ideas.

Jodi said...

I'll have to try the veggie pasta -- never thought of cooking the vegatables with the pasta.

Thanks!