Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Happy Birthday to me

My birthday was on Saturday, and I still walked. I'm awfully proud of myself, especially because I was really bummed. I had been really excited because I was going to get a Garmin Forerunner 305 for my birthday.

I had been wanting a heart rate monitor, but now the cheap one wouldn't cut it -- this one has got GPS. It was just what I never knew that I always wanted -- until I saw them last week on sale at Costco.

I like to look at numbers. I want to see my heart rate go up, and hopefully see my resting heart rate go down. It's one of those metrics I was talking about.

But I digress -- when we went back to Costco, they didn't have any left. I was grumpy, and I pouted, and I acted like a martyr, but we went home and ordered one online. It should be here any day now. Anyways, I was bummed not to have it on my birthday, but I walked anyways.

No comments: