Saturday, January 31, 2009

New Shoes

I love new shoes. I love the smell of new shoes. I love the feel of new shoes. I love shopping for new shoes. Shoes do not judge you. They do not make you look fat. It is not embarrassing if you have to go up a size. You don't have to get naked in a mall to try them on.

I just got a pair of new shoes. I bought myself a pair of Adidas Supernova Sequence.
I went for my first walk with them on Friday night. It was great. My shins hurt much less, and didn't hurt right away.

If you want to take up running I recommend the first thing that you do is get a new pair of shoes. Do not do what I did. Do not wait to buy new shoes until you are sure running is something you want to do. Buy new shoes first. It is worth it. Otherwise, you might just want to quit before you even get started.

I also recommend that you buy your new running shoes at a specialty store. A store with a knowledgeable staff can help you find the right shoes for your feet and gait. In the Treasure Valley, I recommend The Athlete's Foot. The experience sure was better than the last time I bought 'running' shoes at Fred Meyers.

No comments: